At A+G Vets we take the safety of our staff and clients very seriously and currently we have had to adopt a closed door policy. For the foreseeable future we cannot allow clients into the building and due to us being a small building it is impossible to maintain a 2 metre safe distance.
We will still endeavour to see patients and appointments deemed appropriate by the government and our governing bodies.
What we can currently see
- Any pets deemed to have life threatening illnesses / injuries or conditions deemed likely to deteriorate if not treated within a short period of time.
- Primary Vaccine courses for puppies and kittens and 1st year boosters for dogs and cats.
- Rabbit vaccinations
What we cannot currently see
- Nail clips
- Anal gland expressions unless accompanied by obvious signs of pain or infection
- Tick removals, we are more than happy to advise over the phone how to do this and tick hooks can be purchased either from us or through pet shops.
- Booster vaccines unless year 1 or at least 3 months overdue.
- Weight checks/clinics
- Routine surgeries such as neutering, preventative dentistry or lump removals deemed non urgent.
Current Procedure for Being Seen
We would ask for you to give us a call to request an apointment and if deemed appropriate you will be given a time to come to the surgery. Upon arrival we would ask that you ring us from the car park and if walking ring the door bell to announce your arrival.
One of our Nurses will come out and with PPE and maintaining social distance then bring your pet into the practice, we may not be able to see your pet if we deem them to be aggressive unless a muzzle is already applied by the owner.
After a clinical examination we will discuss the case with yourselves and a treatment plan agree upon and then your pet will be brought back out with any medications. We would request that any balance is then settled either via card payment over the phone or by using our payment page on this website.
We appreciate your understanding at these difficult times and we hope to be able to relax these rules as and when it is deemed appropriate.